Anchersen strives to maintain a high level of quality that brings great customer satisfaction. To us quality means first and foremost that our buses are in optimum condition and run on time by a friendly, competent driver.
We are committed to complying with legislation and other relevant requirements from authorities and stakeholders in general related to the company’s operations and to ensure that the company can deliver high levels of safety and quality. We take responsibility for our work and adhere to the agreements, so that together we can create the best outcome for the benefit of our customers and internal well-being.
We will use our quality management system actively to control the quality of our services, and we are committed to continuously improve the quality management system. We will set concrete targets for our quality work fostering continuous improvement. We want to be proactive and innovative in our effort to always improve our quality, and keep our focus on a profitable and competitive operation.
We will inform, train and educate our employees to act in accordance with our quality management system. In addition, we are working for a quality conscious attitude among our employees, so that our customers feel that we will meet our high quality standards. We will ensure that our quality policy is informed out to and understood by our employees.
Our quality policy appropriateness and timeliness are made annually reviewed.
MANAGEMENT FOCUS AREAS:
- Stimulation of a healthy working environment, including stress prevention
- Planning of the daily work in consideration of the individual’s situation
- Follow-up on employees’ current and future well-being at various meetings and annual evaluations
- Respect for each other and good tone.
- Prevention of violence and threats
- Driver training in conflict management
- Visible leadership and employee motivation
- Ergonomics and good physical conditions in the buses and in the office
- All employees contribute to a safe and healthy workplace
- All employees take responsibility for their role and their workplace
- All managers are engaged in the work environment